Friday, March 6, 2009

What I am missing...

6 more days till my due date...but with a mom and sister who loved being pregnant so much that they were pregnant forever, I am not getting too excited!

Something amazing is happening in Philly this week. It is the Philadelphia Flower Show and if you have never gone...it is truly a sight to see! There are thousands of flowers everywhere..and thousands of people! It is incredible to see how you can turn a huge empty arena into a colorful village filled with perfect lawns, beautiful flower beds, cute houses and even the occasional full scale church with stain glass windows made of roses. It is truly amazing. You are probably wondering why I am going on and on about this magical place...cause this year I can't go! That is right folks! I am here at home waiting for my baby(which I am excited about) I just wish pregnancy came with a pop up timer that lets you know when you are done and ready.
Although the Flower Show is a sight to see, what I am missing more is the fact that we go with our family every year. We always start out by taking the train into Philly..which sometime can be an adventure in itself...walking around all the exibits , grabbing a bit to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe and end up sitting in the hammock chairs wishing we could fit them back on the train. By the end of the day our feet are tired and our bellies are full but the memories we bring back from that day are ones that we will never forget!
The picture in this blog was taken 2 years ago by Desmond and it is one of my favorite. That was a good year. I think it was the most people we had go with us to the Flower Show. Come to think of it, I think that was the weekend we learned the " Replace That Word" game on the train with Uncle Bobbo. Still one of our favorites when we are together. So anyways, I am missing the Flower Show, not for the flowers but for the wonderful memories that I get to share with my family. Have fun Aunt Chris and Aunt Tina...Think of us today while you stop to smell the flowers!


No comments:

Post a Comment